Welcome, Visitor
Tacticsboard Support Forum

Why is Tacticsboard going slow for me?
Tacticsboard Knowledgebase

Printer Friendly Page

The following users give thanks for this topic - Tue Oct 11, 2011 10:21 AM
Tacticsboard Support

Tacticsboard Support

Post Post subject: Why is Tacticsboard going slow for me?
Posted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:35 PM

Why is Tacticsboard going slow for me?

Unless we are doing maintenance on our site (which is very rare), Tacticsboard should go reasonably fast. Our server grid generally only uses a maximum of 10% of its bandwidth and 10% of its cpu time.

•Check to make sure that you don't have a process that is using up 100% of your cpu time (e.g. mp3 ripping, backup or virus scan). Java applets run at a low priority in the web browser, so Tacticsboard will run very slowly if another process is using all of the cpu time. You can check to see what percentage of your cpu is being used by press the Ctrl+Alt+Delete keys on Windows and then clicking on the Performance tab.
•If you have Norton Personal Firewall (or other firewall software) installed, you may need to configure it to allow Tacticsboard to run. Tacticsboard uses TCP/IP ports 41211 and 6144-6163.
•If there is any packet loss on the internet connection between your computer and www.tacticsboard.com, that can significantly slow down Tacticsboard. You can check to see if there is any packet loss by bringing up a DOS window or shell and typing "ping www.tacticsboard.com".

Additionally, if you upload your own custom photo markers and they are larger than the recommended size of 80px wide by 100px high then performance will be effected when you place the photo markers on your tacticsboard canvas.

Printer Friendly Page