Do I lose my data if my laptop crashes or gets stolen?

All Posts
Forum IndexFAQ's

#1: Do I lose my data if my laptop crashes or gets stolen? Author: Tacticsboard Support Post Posted: Tue Sep 20, 2011 03:44 PM
    ----
Q: Do I lose my data if my laptop crashes or gets stolen?

A: No, Tacticsboard is unlike any application of its kind available today. This is because applications generally have to be installed and managed locally, and data has to be saved locally as well. But because our platform is cloud based, it means you don't have to install anything, furthermore, any presentations saved to your Tacticsboard are saved into your secure Tacticsboard library on the cloud as well thus eliminating the risk of losing your data.

However, if you export your presentations to your local computer and your computer fails or is stolen then you may potentially loose that data.

Additionally, all Tacticsboards are persistent. This means if your computer or internet connection fails when you are connected then you won't lose any data because when you reconnect to your Tacticsboard it will be in exactly the same state you left it.

As an example, if you are in the middle of creating a presentation and your computer crashes before you have a chance to save your work out then you don't need to worry because when you reconnect to your Tacticsboard it will show exactly the same data on it as it did when you left it.

Forum IndexFAQ's
Page 1 of 1